Want to add a little spark to game night? Well, why not spice things up with a fun and exciting drinking game version of the classic board game? In this blog post, we will show you how to turn your Monopoly board game into a drinking game that is sure to bring laughter and fun to your night.
First things first, you will need to gather a few supplies. You will need the classic Monopoly board game, shot glasses, and your favorite alcoholic beverages. We recommend having a variety of drinks on hand to keep things interesting. You can choose from beer, wine, spirits, or even mix up some cocktails to add some extra fun.
Once you have your supplies, it’s time to set up the game. The first step is to assign a drink to each property on the board. For example, you can assign beer to the brown properties, wine to the red properties, and shots to the green properties. Get creative and have fun with it! You can also assign drinks to the different Chance and Community Chest cards, such as taking a shot for “Go to Jail” or taking 2 sips for “Collect $200.”
Now that you have assigned drinks to the different properties and cards, it’s time to start playing! The basic rules of Monopoly still apply, but every time a player lands on a property, they must take a drink of the assigned beverage. If a player lands on a property that they already own, they can choose another player to take a drink.
But that’s not all – there are a few extra rules to make the game even more exciting. If a player lands on “Go to Jail,” they must take a shot. If a player lands on “Free Parking,” they can choose another player to take a shot. And if a player lands on “Go,” they can choose to take a shot or make another player take a shot.
To make the game even more challenging, you can also add in “Community Drink” and “Chance Drink” cards. These cards can be added to or made from the existing deck of Chance and Community Chest cards and can include rules such as “Everyone takes a drink” or “Everyone who owns (insert property) takes a drink”. Get creative with your rules.
Those were just examples, make it your own to get the most out of the game. Here is a summarized guideline to help you turn your Monopoly board game into a fun and boozy experience.
- Establish the rules The first step in turning Monopoly into a drinking game is to establish the rules. Will players take a drink every time they pass Go? Will they take a shot when they land on Boardwalk? Determine the drinking rules before you start playing to ensure everyone is on the same page.
- Determine the drinks What kind of drinks will be consumed during the game? Will it be beer, wine, or cocktails? Consider the preferences of the players and choose drinks accordingly. You can even create a special Monopoly-themed cocktail for the occasion!
- Choose your tokens The classic Monopoly tokens are a shoe, a thimble, a car, a top hat, a battleship, a dog, a wheelbarrow, and a cat. You can use these tokens or choose new ones to represent the players. For a drinking game twist, consider using shot glasses or miniature bottles as the tokens.
- Decide on the penalties In addition to taking drinks, there should also be penalties for certain actions. For example, if a player lands on a property they can’t afford to buy, they might have to take an extra drink. Or, if a player goes to jail, they might have to take a shot.
- Create special Monopoly cards To make the game even more interesting, create special Monopoly cards that players can draw. These cards can include challenges or additional drinking rules. For example, a player might have to take a drink every time they roll doubles, or they might have to finish their drink if they land on a certain property.
- Play with fake money To avoid any real-life financial damage, play the game with fake money. You can use Monopoly money or create your own custom bills. This will also add to the fun and lighthearted atmosphere of the game.
- Make sure everyone is of legal drinking age This should go without saying, but it’s important to make sure everyone playing the game is of legal drinking age. If there are minors present, consider making non-alcoholic versions of the drinks for them to enjoy.
- Have snacks on hand Drinking games can be intense, so it’s important to have snacks on hand to help soak up the alcohol. Consider serving snacks that tie in with the Monopoly theme, such as mini hamburgers or pretzel sticks.
- Don’t overdo it While the goal of the game is to have fun, it’s important to drink responsibly. Make sure everyone is pacing themselves and not overdoing it. And if someone needs to bow out of the game, encourage them to do so without any judgment.
- Enjoy the game Finally, don’t forget to enjoy the game! Monopoly is a classic game for a reason, and adding a drinking game twist can make it even more enjoyable. Just remember to drink responsibly and have fun
As with any drinking game, it’s important to drink responsibly and know your limits. Make sure to have plenty of non-alcoholic beverages and snacks on hand to keep everyone hydrated and well-fed. And, of course, never drink and drive.
To sum it up, turning your Monopoly board game into a drinking game is a fun and creative way to mix things up and add some excitement to your game night. With a few simple rules and some creative thinking, you can turn an old classic into a fun and memorable experience. So gather your friends, grab your favorite drinks, and get ready to play Monopoly like you’ve never played it before!